Drilled an aquarium for a bulkhead, but now it won't hold water !

I've drilled a decent amount of aquariums in my time, so I'm not sure what the heck I did wrong with this one, but the aquarium will simply not hold water.

Any idea what the heck I did wrong?

image.jpeg.4b857d614509d1c2e65523b53fb1bbde.jpeg

Edited by tolstoy21

Posted (edited)

@lefty o @mynameisnobody If you look again at the picture you might notice that, like a dope, I drilled the hole near the bottom of the aquarium instead of near the top. It wasn't until I was done drilling and flipped the tank right-side-up that I was like, OMG, I'm a complete nincompoop!

Edited by tolstoy21

On 3/29/2024 at 9:47 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Just going for extra fast drainage on water changes!

I drilled about 8 or so tanks today so I guess I just got a little overconfident in my process.  🙂

On 3/29/2024 at 8:35 PM, tolstoy21 said:

@lefty o @mynameisnobody If you look again at the picture you might notice that, like a dope, I drilled the hole near the bottom of the aquarium instead of near the top. It wasn't until I was done drilling and flipped the tank right-side-up that I was like, OMG, I'm a complete nincompoop!

find some clear tubing and elbows to go on the bulkhead fittings, and drill another hole up top, then you can have a swim through feature........... 😎

Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2024 at 9:54 PM, mynameisnobody said:

@tolstoy21 my new goal is to use nincompoop at work. Thank you 

It’s an old-timey kind of word I learned in my youth from my personal hero and mentor, Bugs Bunny. You might also want to experiment with words like ‘nimrod’ and ‘maroon’.  

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Haha 3

On 3/29/2024 at 11:00 PM, Tlindsey said:

We all make mistakes. I personally would have to use a template..

I do use a template I made a while ago and have used many times. In fact, it’s such a good template it even works when the aquarium is upside down!

On 3/29/2024 at 10:33 PM, mynameisnobody said:

@tolstoy21 I love it and I love me some Bugs Bunny. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 10:04 PM, tolstoy21 said:

I do use a template I made a while ago and have used many times. In fact, it’s such a good template it even works when the aquarium is upside down!

ya know, a person can find good old words nostalgic.  nincompoop, and nimrod were good ones.

• Haha 1