Ammonia spike HELP!

On 5/13/2024 at 10:10 AM, Tony s said:

Well. If we can get your nutrients down. Maybe you won’t need as many? Hopefully?

“That will be the day” - John Wayne. 😂🤣. I am kidding, that would be great. Maybe I will lay off one today,  check paremeters and do a 25% change tomorrow? I think that sounds good. I love that quote 😂

• Love 1

On 5/13/2024 at 10:08 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

About the water changes @Tony s? Any thoughts on that?

No stop with the constant water changes unless your nitrates are high or you have ammonia or nitrites.  You have no ammonia right now so unless you have some nitrites or a high amount of nitrates (for example over 40-50) do not change the water.  

• Like 3

I’ll just go back to weekly water changes and daily ammonia tests, I have a airstone air pump air tubing etc. coming today from Amazon, so that should help with oxygen becuase they were yawning and getting air from the top, and just becuase a air stone is so beneficial in tanks.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 12:56 PM, macdaddy36 said:

Seems like you’re ready to order the cories! Maybe use your empty 5 gallon as QT for now

Ok, how would I I? Just like gravel and water? Wouldn’t that not be a fish in cycle? I am just kinda making sure everything will work out here, thanks for the info tho! 

@macdaddy36

On 5/15/2024 at 12:18 PM, Tony s said:

okay! great! about dang time🤣

I would think, I think I could right a book called, “the mysterious ammonia spike were nobody knows why it happened” 🤣🤣

Edited by Whitecloud09
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, still 0, and folks, I think this might be the end, no MORE AMMONIA SPIKE 🎇🎆🎇🎆🎆🎇🎆🎇🎆🎇🎆🎇🎆🎇🎆🎆🎇🎆🎇🎆!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully….. 

Should I add the late arriving de Tim’s bacteria from Amazon with my weekly water change? Or is that unnecessary…

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 2:59 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Or is that unnecessary…

it is. but it's not going to hurt anything either. you could just keep it refrigerated until you get your 40g

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 3:08 PM, Tony s said:

it is. but it's not going to hurt anything either. you could just keep it refrigerated until you get your 40g

Yes, maybe someday I will get a 40….. space is all that is holding me back. Thanks @Tony s, and everyone that helped me on this mysterious journey 😂. Thank again  guys! 

• Like 1