Something is wrong with my Betta fishes left eye

So today I had just gotten my bloody Mary shrimp in today, she hasn’t really tried to eat any of them. She just pokes around at them, just trying to see what they are. But that’s not important. What’s important is after I finished acclimating my shrimp and put them into the tank. I noticed something was wrong with my betta fish left eye, it looks like there is a bubble around her eye. any guesses to what this is?

IMG_4342.jpeg

IMG_4341.jpeg

IMG_4343.jpeg

On 3/15/2024 at 8:46 PM, TheDesktopAquarium said:

Thought as much. Well, I know my pH is 7.5+ my GH should be around 6.0 to 7.5 I keep my temperature around 75°+

It can be caused by an injury to the eye when it's only affecting one eye it can Also be caused by a bacterial infections as @Whitecloud09 mentioned I would add a low dose of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 7 gallons at that level it shouldn't harm your plants or shrimp and add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties you might have to add one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect after 5 days if  your seeing no change than I would do a course of maracyn2 it's shrimp safe and it also has anti-inflammatory properties 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 6:29 PM, Colu said:

It can be caused by an injury to the eye when it's only affecting one eye it can Also be caused by a bacterial infections as @Whitecloud09 mentioned I would add a low dose of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 7 gallons at that level it shouldn't harm your plants or shrimp and add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties you might have to add one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect after 5 days if  your seeing no change than I would do a course of maracyn2 it's shrimp safe and it also has anti-inflammatory properties 

I added a guava leaf yesterday, at the moment I really don’t have any money for aquarium salt, so I’m hoping that the guava leaf or I might add a jackfruit leaf as well Would help my betta, guava leaves, and jackfruit leaves are small enough to put a whole leaf in my 5 gallon aquarium

On 3/16/2024 at 3:20 AM, TheDesktopAquarium said:

I added a guava leaf yesterday, at the moment I really don’t have any money for aquarium salt, so I’m hoping that the guava leaf or I might add a jackfruit leaf as well Would help my betta, guava leaves, and jackfruit leaves are small enough to put a whole leaf in my 5 gallon aquarium

Am not familiar with use of guava or jackfruit leaves I don't think the they would have the same effect as Indian almond leaves 

• 3 weeks later...