My zebra plecos

I bought these two plecos for a while now and I don’t know if they are two males or two females but their behavior seems different. They both caving but one is head in with tail facing out, while the other one is facing head out with the tail in. The one that on the right is only in the cave for 5 mins and then will go out and hide either under the sponge or behind the heater while the one in the left always stay in the cave and sometime hanging out in front of the cave entrance. 

IMG_0325.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I have no clue of any zebra pleco behaviors. I know that, however, 1) your fish are STUNNING! I am a huge fan of those fellas and if my wallet allowed me I would be shovelling money out like an oyster. And, 2) KeepingFishSimple on YouTube made a funny but very informative video on his experience breeding zebra plecos. Maybe check that out? 

I wish you great luck! And keep up the great work keeping this fragile species thriving and happy. I applaud you a billion times for helping out species conservation!!!!!!! 😁🥹

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 12:34 PM, Loc Tran said:

I bought these two plecos for a while now and I don’t know if they are two males or two females but their behavior seems different. They both caving but one is head in with tail facing out, while the other one is facing head out with the tail in. The one that on the right is only in the cave for 5 mins and then will go out and hide either under the sponge or behind the heater while the one in the left always stay in the cave and sometime hanging out in front of the cave entrance. 

IMG_0325.jpeg

Damn nice plecos. Those two fish probably worth more that my whole damn tank. I'm am jealous. Where did you get them?

I got them from Moonlight Aquatics

On 3/14/2024 at 6:55 PM, spokanejared said:

Damn nice plecos. Those two fish probably worth more that my whole damn tank. I'm am jealous. Where did you get them?

I got them from moonlight aquatics

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 12:17 PM, clownbaby said:

I have no clue of any zebra pleco behaviors. I know that, however, 1) your fish are STUNNING! I am a huge fan of those fellas and if my wallet allowed me I would be shovelling money out like an oyster. And, 2) KeepingFishSimple on YouTube made a funny but very informative video on his experience breeding zebra plecos. Maybe check that out? 

I wish you great luck! And keep up the great work keeping this fragile species thriving and happy. I applaud you a billion times for helping out species conservation!!!!!!! 😁🥹

I did watch his videos everyday and he also states that it is hard to sex young zebra plecos. 

• Like 1