Recommended Air Pump to Serve a Fish Room?

I keep tacking on Eheim 400s to feed air to an additional two large sponge filters as I add tanks to my fish room, and I honestly love how quiet they are. I think it's time to switch to something more serious that can service 15 or so sponge filters. Is there anything out there that doesn't sound like a jet engine?

Linear air pumps are usually quieter than diaphragm air pumps. I have one that is serving I think about 17 air outlets - air stones or UGF (I’d have to go count since it’s not the same in each tank 😆).  It’s far quieter than the diaphragm style I was using while putting out far more air.

Mine is smaller than the one ACO sells but I expect it will likely be able to serve about twice the number of tanks I have on it now.  @Cory has shown their linear air pumps in his home fish room videos a couple of times when he and @Dean were setting up his fishroom.

They are loud until you get them connected and running against some pressure (it doesn’t take much). They are not designed to run with zero back pressure so they rattle when run open.  Once you hook them up they are remarkably quiet.  I had a line come loose the other day and that hiss was far louder than the pump was.

I replaced all of my air in the fish room with a ~$30-40 linear air piston pump from Amazon.  I needed something in between 20 separate air pumps and the one that ACO sells, as I think it would just be too big.  Like @Odd Duck says, they're pretty quiet.  It's drastically quieter than the other setup that I had with separate pumps.  I'm running my copy of Dean's fry system and about 10 sponge filters.  And a handful of various air drops for other things.  

• Like 1

Would you mind sharing the link to the one you chose?

On 3/7/2024 at 1:26 PM, jwcarlson said:

I replaced all of my air in the fish room with a ~$30-40 linear air piston pump from Amazon.  I needed something in between 20 separate air pumps and the one that ACO sells, as I think it would just be too big.  Like @Odd Duck says, they're pretty quiet.  It's drastically quieter than the other setup that I had with separate pumps.  I'm running my copy of Dean's fry system and about 10 sponge filters.  And a handful of various air drops for other things.