How do i breed my corydoras aeneus.

Mr.catfish

I need a care guide to care for these corydoras so i can breed them. I have had these corydoras for 1 month now so i am also wondering how long time do i have to wait before i can breed them? Do i need live foods to breed them or are frozen foods like frozen blodworms, tubafex worms, and musquito larvea good enough.

The Bronze Cory or Coryadoras aeneus like their water a bit cooler low 70s. In general, Cory’s like water on the softer side but these fish have been in the aquarium trade for so long like can accept a wide range of parameters. Feeding should consist of mostly meaty foods - worms, insect based foods with black soldier larvae and brine shrimp or other small crustaceans like daphnia, cyclops. I often will take the freeze dried tubifex and bury it in the sand for them to find. It’s a hoot to watch them! 
Breeding - Optimally you have a 2:1 ratio of males to females. Age wise probably 9-12 months old. Then when you’ve got some females who are looking rather broad through the girdle I feed them heavy on blood worms, tubifex and brine shrimp for 3 days. If I can time it I’ll do this when I know a weather front is coming. Then I’ll do a large volume water change with cooler water 5-10 degrees usually and within hours to days I’ll see eggs on the glass, moss and plants. They can be colony bred but if you want a higher yield pull the eggs and watch @Dean’s Fishroomvideos on raising Cory fry! 

• Like 1

You could do the colony raising, but that depends on the amount of cover the eggs will have. Species only should work, but not mixed species. Corys favorite foods include eggs, even their own. So if you’re not having luck, you’ll need to start collecting the eggs as soon as you see them. You could also use an egg tumbler on low to increase the survival of the eggs. That’s for sale on coop’s website 

• Like 1