I visited a local-ish fish store

I also posted this on the Facebook group. I'll be real, I stole the "local-ish" from a comment @Candi made cause I thought it was a great description haha. 

I am very lucky to have 2 local fish stores within a 10 minute drive of me. Both however are very small so I occasionally enjoy driving an extra distance to check out a larger store in a larger city. On Friday I decided to drive over an hour to visit one. I didn't realize until I got there that it was an ACO retailer store. The store was Pure Fish Works in Hastings, MN. Both of the gentlemen there was very fun to talk to and were a great help. After I got a fish, a snail and a plant I decided to look at the ACO stuff. I haven't yet tried the freeze dried brine shrimp so I grabbed some to give it a try!  After I bought all my stuff the owner asked if I needed a bag to carry my stuff. I thought maybe it would be a simple plastic bag but I got this nice ACO bag instead. Idk if this is the policy of this specific store or if that's something ACO encourages but I found it very cool!!  Less plastic bags out in the environment and now I have a nice bag to use in the future!

20240303_065206.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 3/3/2024 at 2:07 PM, Tony s said:

Local is all relative. My lfs’s are an hour to 2 1/2 hours away. Even big box pet is an hour 

I'm extremely lucky. I have "the bad" LFS which is like a 2 min drive away and "the good" LFS which is 10 min drive away aaaaaand petsmart is 20 min drive away. I know people in large cities with only big box stores as an option and even then it's 30 min away. I'm extremely lucky. 

• Like 2

On 3/3/2024 at 3:07 PM, Tony s said:

Local is all relative. My lfs’s are an hour to 2 1/2 hours away. Even big box pet is an hour 

Yeah, nearest LFS to me are all 45min to 1 hr away. I do have the 3 BB Pet stores all within a 10 minute drive. Unfortunately, can’t really travel to the LFS because husband is currently house bound and can’t be left unattended for very long (got some health issues at the moment)

• Sad 1