Revising my new 75g Stock list

Please feel free to critique/advise/add any information you have to my choices. So, in the last few months of waiting to purchase all the equipment for my new 75g tank, my stock list has changed a bit. I had originally thought about Discus… then Angels… then changed my mind to Boesmani Rainbows… but now have finally settled on something a little different. I’ve had plenty of time to think and research and came up with…

Congo Tetra - x10-12

Praecox Rainbowfish - x10-12

Lemon Tetra - x15-20

Albino Cory - x15

Snow White Pleco - x1 (eventually)

Otocinclus - x6 (eventually)

The tank will be planted and using an Aquaclear 110 and ACO large Sponge Filter.

Does this stocking seem like a good one?

Edited by FLFishChik

It sees great. The only thing, my lemons never have colored up like you see in photos. Still mostly silver bodied with yellow and black fin tips. Not a disappointment exactly, I still like them. But, possibly a bit of false advertising.😀

Look at brilliant green rasboras possibly. Still mostly silver with red and green tail patches. But incredibly tight schooling. On of the best.

• Like 1

What is the tanks length? I was told when doing research to not put congos or rainbowfish in a tank under 120 cm length.

Aren't lemon tetra really small? Just wondering if the congos won't eat them 🙂

On 3/3/2024 at 8:10 AM, beastie said:

What is the tanks length? I was told when doing research to not put congos or rainbowfish in a tank under 120 cm length.

75g tanks are typically 48"wide.

On 3/3/2024 at 9:10 AM, beastie said:

Aren't lemon tetra really small

Not really small. Probably 2 inches, but deeper bodies. Haven’t done congos yet so don’t have a size comparison on their mouth size. But lemons are between harlequin rasboras and skirt tetras

Or for really tight schools, how about something like glass catfish. 

On 3/3/2024 at 9:10 AM, beastie said:

75g is 4ft (approximately 122 cm). As for keeping Lemon Tetra with Congo Tetra - Congo Tetra are safe to keep with Neon Tetra which average about 1 inch at adult size. Lemon Tetra reach about 2 inches at adult size and are deeper bodied. I’d say they’ll be ok with Congos.

Love the rainbows. Have even started to bring in some Boesemani. Lake aytinjo. I could do a whole tank on rainbows. Just so colorful and active. And tons to try. 

Edited by Tony s
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 9:50 AM, Tony s said:

Love the rainbows. Have even started to bring in some Boesemani. Lake aytinjo. I could do a whole tank on rainbows. Just so colorful and active. And tons to try. 

I have developed a love of Rainbow fish over the last year. I’d keep many if I had the space for (and time to devote to) more large tanks. 

• Like 1