I’m New :)

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum but have been following Aquarium Co-Op since 2017. I just realized that my green corydoras had fry! I’ve only ever successfully bred various Lake Malawi Cichlids, snails, and shrimp so I was pleasantly surprised after doing the bare minimum in my fish care routine w/ my 60 gallon community tank for the past 3 months that I found a few fry about .75-1 inch swimming around. I’m also setting up a 20 gallon long that I'm debating on what to do with. I’m torn between doing my first pea puffer tank, a community cold water tank, or trying rainbows for the first time. 

• Like 3

Welcome, and I'm jealous.  The only egg layers that have reproduced for me were rainbowfish.  I'd love for my corys to raise fry, but I've never even seen eggs.

Pea puffers are fun to watch.  I have one in my 40 gallon community tank.

On 2/25/2024 at 12:48 PM, Patrick Nugent said:

Good to see a pea puffer is doing good in a community tank! I’ve thought about trying it but I’m too nervous about what could happen lol. 

That's understandable.  I only tried it because someone was breaking down a tank and wanted to get rid of them and I didn't have a better place for them (there were two, but one died a year or so after I got them).  Mine seems to be intimidated by the other fish, especially when I feed frozen blood worms.  It likes them, but will pull away if the other fish get too close.  I understand this isn't always typical behavior.

• Like 1