Is this algae? If so, what kind?

I have a 10g and I have had this tank setup since the very start of the year and fishless cycled it. There is fish in it now  (WCMMs). Is this algae? It is kinda white and it is spots, is this even algae? Kinda hard to see in pics, could not get the phone to focus on it 😩 😂

8F91A714-EC01-4CA3-9432-E8951042DB25.jpeg

B9BAA509-A84E-4E7E-80D8-587ED96357E6.jpeg

CD3391BE-21C0-4E4B-B1F6-0C97AE12A303.jpeg

86EB6EA9-6AA5-4382-81F2-5572F812109C.jpeg

Edited by Bigdog99
Fixed problems

On 2/20/2024 at 5:45 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

Pictures are blurry, can’t see it clearly. White spots on lower leaves is usually a micro nutrient issue.

Yeah sorry, it is white spots I guess, it is all over the glass, how do I add more “micro nutrients”?

Ok, yeah can't really see what you're seeing because of the picture. But, first thing, calm down. I'm sure it's nothing that needs immediate attention. Since it's a new tank you have new learning to do. No such thing as white spot algae. But you're about to learn about brown algae because it's new. then green spot algae on the glass. which is normal. almost all algae is good for your fish. algae= plants. they provide oxygen, reduce nitrates, and can provide food. it's all natural. brown spot is unsightly, but it goes away over time as well. 

see if you can get us a better picture so we can see what you do.

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2024 at 6:10 PM, Tony s said:

Ok, yeah can't really see what you're seeing because of the picture. But, first thing, calm down. I'm sure it's nothing that needs immediate attention. Since it's a new tank you have new learning to do. No such thing as white spot algae. But you're about to learn about brown algae because it's new. then green spot algae on the glass. which is normal. almost all algae is good for your fish. algae= plants. they provide oxygen, reduce nitrates, and can provide food. it's all natural. brown spot is unsightly, but it goes away over time as well. 

see if you can get us a better picture so we can see what you do.

Yes I was not really panicking but had a Q and was just commenting again to see if someone would see it because nobody’s had responded for a few days, I was just wondering about it and I will get pics tomorrow because the timer shuts off the light switch so couldn’t do it but anyway thanks and yep I got diatoms (brown algae, whatever u want to call it) not panicking because it has been like this for maybe…almost 2 weeks. I just was wondering about if anybody had any assistance @Tony s, will come back tomorrow and get pics and see what this is….if it is algae, might not be idk. So thanks and will post agian tomorrow. 🙂

• Like 1

@Tony s and @Mmiller2001, got some more pics, not much better than before tho sadly but here they are, and also that is diatoms right on the cave pics? I have tons and tons of it in my 5g and was just making sure this is the same, it is also growing on gravel. I guess snails is the bes option of a clean up crew for diatoms in a 10g? Thanks 

CC2ECA56-B141-4EA8-BE2F-286502FB58C4.jpeg

26F2266C-B369-4EA4-B9BC-4B1578AEEA8D.jpeg

106C5C27-CB8E-4D4E-B1DE-60BCCCB05FC6.jpeg

4BC2E170-AA42-4677-A08D-F64500BFB932.jpeg

Btw I just googled white algae and here is some pics, I guess it is a thing in tanks  actually @Tony s, but not called white SPOT algae just white algae

Edited by Bigdog99
Added more info

There's some sort of algae or algae type thing that grows on the glass that kind of stands off of it and will move with the water current.  It's not hydra, but it looks like a really small version of that.  It will wipe off with a paper towel if you're worried.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2024 at 3:53 PM, jwcarlson said:

There's some sort of algae or algae type thing that grows on the glass that kind of stands off of it and will move with the water current.  It's not hydra, but it looks like a really small version of that.  It will wipe off with a paper towel if you're worried.

Thanks I just have never seen this before @jwcarlson, will snails get rid of it? Or no?

On 2/21/2024 at 2:54 PM, Bigdog99 said:

Thanks I just have never seen this before @jwcarlson, will snails get rid of it? Or no?

Maybe/probably.  Usually it goes away with time and you'll be left with the more typical biofilm "scum" covering of the glass.  Snails and a variety of fish will eat biofilm.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2024 at 3:58 PM, jwcarlson said:

Maybe/probably.  Usually it goes away with time and you'll be left with the more typical biofilm "scum" covering of the glass.  Snails and a variety of fish will eat biofilm.

Thanks for the info! I will get some snails but oddly enough my WCMMs like diatoms but prob won’t eat that but that is odd, I feed them every other day, I think they just like to eat and eat and eat like every other fish people keep lol