The majority of my Amazon frog bit is dying

@TheDesktopAquarium I had great success with frogbit in a low flow outdoor pond to the point it was trying to choke out the pond. I have had mixed luck inside aquariums. 
Is there a lot of flow in the tank? Many floating plants dont do well if their top surface gets wet routinely like overspray from an air stone. Could also be the water or nutrients?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2024 at 1:33 PM, Travis said:

@TheDesktopAquarium I had great success with frogbit in a low flow outdoor pond to the point it was trying to choke out the pond. I have had mixed luck inside aquariums. 
Is there a lot of flow in the tank? Many floating plants dont do well if their top surface gets wet routinely like overspray from an air stone. Could also be the water or nutrients?

Well, you’re gonna like this one I have an update, after most of my frog bit have melted down and died, there is a rapid growth that just came out of nowhere, and now I need to pull some of it out, because it’s about to cover the whole entire top of my 5 gallon tank

image.jpg

On 2/19/2024 at 1:33 PM, Travis said:

I don’t think it could be water flow because I still have the same water flow and they don’t stop growing, it could be that I just have completely different water parameters than my local aquarium store. I don’t live in the same town as my local aquarium store. And plus I use a substrate that lowers the pH and the hardness.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 8:32 PM, Jeff said:

Yeah; Frogbit doesn't care about flow, nor water on top. It's why I have it in my tank. It's not high maintenance at all.

That's news my only prior floating experiences were duck weed which dies when exposed to a HOB  churning it like mixer