HELP IDENTIFYING DESEASE AND TREATMENT

IsisP

I've been dealing with this guppy who I´m having trouble identifying the cause of his little developed belly. He looks active, swims around, or chases some companions sometimes. Water parameters were stable always, with no ammonia or nitrate spikes. And he and the others still eat like pigs.

Days before this week he started to do little white poops so I got concerned. Some people told me it could be internal parasites so I got Metroplex to mix with snello (my fish love it) to start medicating the entire population including the guppy. I read that general instructions say to feed every day until the infection clears up or up to 3 weeks, so I started giving snello wth medicine. 

At the end of this week he has been doing between white and brown little poops, I don't know if he´s improving or I am diagnosing the problem wrong.

please help I don't want to lose him and overfeed my fish. Their previous feeding schedule was once every two days. 

Sorry for the low-quality pictures, I hope to be clear.

423568422_1471867030064918_6241926173819890231_n.jpg

423568428_295652866542512_7139322400214775089_n.jpg

423619426_3000303673437838_3762952713711768646_n.jpg

Edited by IsisP
  • Like 1

I'd keep up the m-plex with food. Just do not over feed. A light feeding once or twice a day should be fine.

Question: at the surface of your water, I notice there are a lot of bubbles from your air-stones in the bottom photo above. Do those bubbles stay awhile along the edges of the water surface? Or do they all pop pretty quickly?

I've observed many times that when bubbles remain and build up, there is a chemical imbalance or some sort that is building up. Typically a proper water change schedule clears this up. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 4:50 AM, Fish Folk said:

I'd keep up the m-plex with food. Just do not over feed. A light feeding once or twice a day should be fine.

Question: at the surface of your water, I notice there are a lot of bubbles from your air-stones in the bottom photo above. Do those bubbles stay awhile along the edges of the water surface? Or do they all pop pretty quickly?

I've observed many times that when bubbles remain and build up, there is a chemical imbalance or some sort that is building up. Typically a proper water change schedule clears this up. 

About the bubbles, yeah they eventually pop and disappear. My sponge filter and air stone are close together so it looks like the bubbles accumulate too much. I change the water every two weeks and yesterday I did according to schedule. 

Thank you for your help 😊

• Like 1