Ich? Fish lice?

Nicole

I have a fish with these white “things” sticking slightly out of its scales. Hopefully if you zoom in you’ll see the two white spots toward the tail fin. I treated with ICH-X, gave them a week break and then treated with ParaCleanse.

The fish lives with 7 small fish in a 40-gallon freshwater community tank with lots of plants and driftwood. I also have 8 amano shrimp and three nerite snails.

Water parameters are good:

ph 6.8

kh 40

gh 300

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 15

No ammonia or chlorine

Thanks for any advice.

IMG_0408.jpeg

If you can try and get a better picture have you notice any changes in behaviour such loss of appetite rapid breathing hanging out near the surface separating it self from the group loss of colour 

Edited by Colu
Stupid autocorrect

It’s surprisingly difficult to get a clear photo. If this doesn’t help, I’ll try again.

its that white dot to the left of the eye. The dot itself is not fuzzy. It’s hard looking, and it sticks out slightly from the scales if you look at the fish head on.

I’d think it was an anchor worm, but I’ve seen those in person, and this doesn’t look the same. There’s no threadlike part, just a hard dot.

A second fish - same kind - has a spot too. They are acting normal, good color, no fins clasped, good color. They’re eating well.

This is going to sound odd, but it looks just like these little dots that sit on the water surface in the tank. They’ve very tiny white things. At first I thought they were just bubbles popping at the water surface, but after I watched for a long time, I can tell they’re not bubbles. I’m fairly certain they are Copepods. Do you think Copepods would attach to fish? 

Thank you for your time reviewing this.

Nicole

IMG_0425.jpeg

It could be  a very small cyst or Dermocystidium in case were  Dermocystidium have infected tetras it can manifest as a clear bubble or small cyst its difficult to say for with out taking a biopsy and looking under a microscope what i would do is quarantine and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for a week then give an update @Nicole

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...