Weird Parasite on Goldfish?

CozyReign

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you all if you could identify this parasite. I’ve gone through 80% of stores in the PNW and everyone was shocked and confused as to what it was and could not identify it. I’ve tried Ich-X, Para Cleanse (didn’t rid the parasite) and I’m currently on copper not sure if it has worked because the fish that primarily showed anything has passed… anyways I would love your opinions on to what it could be. Thank you!

Symptoms: Pill Shaped White spots primarily on head. 

IMG_4287.jpeg.fab719dcffa547c8553e8f927018bc9f.jpeg 

• Administrators

Whats the pH of this water? I've seen this type of thing affect ranchus when the pH is below 7. I treat it with fixing water parameters, and then Salt at 1 tablespoon per gallon of water.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:20 PM, Cory said:

Whats the pH of this water? I've seen this type of thing affect ranchus when the pH is below 7. I treat it with fixing water parameters, and then Salt at 1 tablespoon per gallon of water.

6.8 my tap water isn't very great. Anyway to effectively stabilize the PH? Thanks for replying Cory I was in 1M stream earlier talking about this situation.

Looks like epistylis it feeds off of gram negative bacteria on the slime coat and spreads more quickly at higher temperatures the most effective treatment is a course of maracyn2 in food and  ick X or you can use aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons if he's not eating i would dose the tank with maracyn2 he's how you tell the difference between ich and epistylis  @CozyReign

1000000051.png

1000000026.png

Edited by Colu
  • Like 2