Water parameters changed overnight

You've got some strange discoloration on your pads.  How are you letting the strip sit for the minute you wait before reading the chart?

I wouldn't worry about TDS at this point.

When you have the two strips next to each other.  To be clear, that's two tests from the same water at the same time?

I love the ACO test strips, but I do not find the pads below nitrite to be of any value for me with my water (which is very hard and high pH).  I still think they're valuable though.  I did an expected water change just last night by dipping a strip into a newly setup tank because of the strips.  But the hardness and pH pads just don't work for my water.  They do seem fairly accurate in the tanks that I cut with RO water for breeding.

• Like 2

Yeah, I’m seeing the same thing. The gh kh ph are not as accurate as I would like. Better would be water droplets tested kits made by Sera. The center of the kh test shows the same color as before, but very yellow on outside. I’d try a different ph test if you have one. Guessing it’s more of a fault in the strips. Wouldn’t worry about kh gh shifting suddenly. Gh won’t really move. Kh can move, but usually gradually. Usually with breakdown of high levels of organic matter. Which is producing acid, affecting ph and kh. 

• Like 1

In your other thread you said you had active parameter altering substrate. I believe this as well as inaccuracy in testing could be your issue. Swirl your strip for 3 seconds then lay flat on a paper towel and photo at exactly 60 seconds

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 8:53 AM, Tony s said:

Yeah, I’m seeing the same thing. The gh kh ph are not as accurate as I would like. Better would be water droplets tested kits made by Sera. The center of the kh test shows the same color as before, but very yellow on outside. I’d try a different ph test if you have one. Guessing it’s more of a fault in the strips. Wouldn’t worry about kh gh shifting suddenly. Gh won’t really move. Kh can move, but usually gradually. Usually with breakdown of high levels of organic matter. Which is producing acid, affecting ph and kh. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same getting some liquid tests, 

• Like 1