Easy flow mod

kevincanada

• 3 months later...

I just found this thread, sorry for bringing it back up after so long but I have a few questions.  
How is the water flow using the easy flow vs just a pvc setup?  

Is there any modification that was needed to be done to the easy flow to get this to work and/or work better?

• Administrators

I can't fully speak to it as I don't run Matten Filters. However I was at Dean's house a week ago, and he's converting all his to the easy flow. He said he likes that they run more quiet, have different flow pattern and can get them closer to the bottom of the glass behind the mattenfilter. I asked if they were more flow and he said, "well I don't know, we should test that" Visually it looks like more cause the bubbles are smaller, however we don't actually know it's more volume because typically the pvc is larger diameter. If you have unlmiited air, pvc might put out more. But if you didn't have tons of extra air, the easy flow should be more efficient with your air.

Hi adam. all you have to do is make a hole in the mountain sponge and slide the nozzle through direct it any way you want and it's good to go. I find it works extremely well and much stronger flow than the previous PVC 45 angle connection that I had. I highly recommend it and I think it's actually cheaper than buying the PVC so it's a win-win. Hope you have luck with it good luck with your fish keeping cheers Kevin

Thanks for the responses. This sounds like something I want to try on 20g long.
I think having the green end of the easy flow extend out of the filter will match better than white pvc too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...