JS Fish 20 Gallon Journal

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2024 at 11:38 AM, JS Fish said:

Got a 20 inch long aquarium co op led light for the tank!

Screenshot_20240525-113605_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240525-113559_Gallery.jpg

Sweet, I have been wondering if the AC light was worth the cash, maybe it is, it looks pretty bright! Cool badis @JS Fish

On 5/25/2024 at 11:49 AM, JS Fish said:

Also got a new fish, a Scarlet Badis. Had him about two weeks now!

Screenshot_20240525-114854_Gallery.jpg

On 5/25/2024 at 12:08 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Sweet, I have been wondering if the AC light was worth the cash, maybe it is, it looks pretty bright! Cool badis @JS Fish

@Whitecloud09

Thanks! The lights on 70 percent brightness currently. I havent tried other brand lights, but the co op one has been great for me so far.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 6:30 PM, JS Fish said:

Having problems with my cherry shrimp

Sometimes it's the newness of the tank. The older the tank is the more likely the shrimp do better. Shrimp also need good minerals to keep their shells from deteriorating. Also when they shed they need enough to grow new shells stronger. If they all die off I'd probably wait for a few more months and try again. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 7:39 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Sometimes it's the newness of the tank. The older the tank is the more likely the shrimp do better. Shrimp also need good minerals to keep their shells from deteriorating. Also when they shed they need enough to grow new shells stronger. If they all die off I'd probably wait for a few more months and try again. 

I'm thinking it is the newness of the tank. They havent had any problems so far with shedding though! Thanks for the advise, I'll probably try the shrimp again once I get more plants for my tank.

Posted (edited)

I just moved my sparkling gourami from my 2.5 gal to this 20 gal tank! He seems to enjoy the extra room.

He had been doing well in the 2.5 gal but I started to notice my mexican dwarf crayfish was acting aggressive towards my gourami. I had been keeping an eye on it and recently noticed my sparkling gourami's fins were getting shredded. It was this that made me move him to my 20 gal.

Since moving to the 20 gal, his fins have made a 100% recovery and he is significantly more active!

Currently he seems to be enjoying the 20 gal and its inhabitants. He hasent messed with or been messed with by the shrimp, oto, or rasboras. The only potential problem I've seen was he likes to sometimes follow my scarlet badis. Nothing aggressive so far but my scarlet badis dosent seem to like it much. After a couple days it's gotten better and I think there shouldn't be any future problems.

Also, if anyone has name ideas for my sparkling gourami or scarlet badis, please let me know!

I hope you are having a joyful day and thanks you for reading.

Edited by JS Fish
  • Love 1

On 6/6/2024 at 10:49 PM, JS Fish said:

I just moved my sparkling gourami from my 2.5 gal to this 20 gal tank! He seems to enjoy the extra room.

He had been doing well in the 2.5 gal but I started to notice my mexican dwarf crayfish was acting aggressive towards my gourami. I had been keeping an eye on it and recently noticed my sparkling gourami's fins were getting shredded. It was this that made me move him to my 20 gal.

Since moving to the 20 gal, his fins have made a 100% recovery and he is significantly more active!

Currently he seems to be enjoying the 20 gal and its inhabitants. He hasent messed with or been messed with by the shrimp, oto, or rasboras. The only potential problem I've seen was he likes to sometimes follow my scarlet badis. Nothing aggressive so far but my scarlet badis dosent seem to like it much. After a couple days it's gotten better and I think there shouldn't be any future problems.

Also, if anyone has name ideas for my sparkling gourami or scarlet badis, please let me know!

I hope you are having a joyful day and thanks you for reading.

Nice! Hmmmm names, can i see a picture of both the gourami and crayfish? That would be great! So i can see their color and so on if possible @JS Fish

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 7:40 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

Nice! Hmmmm names, can i see a picture of both the gourami and crayfish? That would be great! So i can see their color and so on if possible @JS Fish

Sure!

Screenshot_20240607-093146_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240607-093049_Gallery.jpg

Edited by JS Fish
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:47 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

For the fish, rusty is funny!!!!! 😆 but the crayfish, pineapple, mango, peaches, I like fruit names! Lol

Thanks for the ideas!

I love the name idea Mango for my crayfish! I think I'll go with that.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Update!

I know it's been a while since I updated on this tank but I have some great news and some bad news.

For one, my micro sword has finally finished adjusting to my tank and has been spreading out and growing!

Secondly, at least two cherry shrimp are still alive with one successfully giving birth to live baby shrimp! I have confirmed at least two baby shrimp but havent been able to find the parents.

Sadly, one of the rasboras which has been looking very skinny and has had a hunched back for a while recently passed away.

The scarlet badis, other two rasboras, and otocinclus have all been doing well though!

Thank you for reading and I hope you, your family, your freinds, and your pets are having a wonderful day!

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 8:07 AM, JS Fish said:

Update!

I know it's been a while since I updated on this tank but I have some great news and some bad news.

For one, my micro sword has finally finished adjusting to my tank and has been spreading out and growing!

Secondly, at least two cherry shrimp are still alive with one successfully giving birth to live baby shrimp! I have confirmed at least two baby shrimp but havent been able to find the parents.

Sadly, one of the rasboras which has been looking very skinny and has had a hunched back for a while recently passed away.

The scarlet badis, other two rasboras, and otocinclus have all been doing well though!

Thank you for reading and I hope you, your family, your freinds, and your pets are having a wonderful day!

Sorry for your rasbora, but glad the other fish are doing great! Thank you for the update! Hope you have a great one too!!! Cool vid about those guppies in the 5g tank on YT btw!

On 7/25/2024 at 8:18 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

Sorry for your rasbora, but glad the other fish are doing great! Thank you for the update! Hope you have a great one too!!! Cool vid about those guppies in the 5g tank on YT btw!

Thanks @Whitecloud09

I'm so excited the shrimp might make a full come back!

• Love 1