Can I do a whole tank H2O2 treatment with a UGF?

BBA in my 75 is more of an annoyance than a problem.  The barbs eat some of it.   Over time the gravel substrate will darken with BBA or some other black/gray algae.  A deep gravel cleaning will turn over the gravel, deny light to the algae, and restore the bright white appearance. 

Spot treating decorations and plants have little or no effect on the gravel.  I'm thinking that treating the gravel with a whole tank peroxide treatment might kill the beneficial bacteria in the UGF even though it is shut off.

If you need to do a whole tank treatment, obviously, there’ are better option, but I would do Glut over H2O2. It will kill Val type plants but it’s effective against BBA. This is only a temporary fix if you are unwilling to fix what is causing it in the first place.

On 1/29/2024 at 1:40 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

If you need to do a whole tank treatment, obviously, there’ are better option, but I would do Glut over H2O2. It will kill Val type plants but it’s effective against BBA. This is only a temporary fix if you are unwilling to fix what is causing it in the first place.

The TFBs are major plant eaters, so a few sad plants survive behind a fish fence.  The Val were the first plants dragged through the fence, so that won't be a problem.  The recently planted Chain Swords are showing some promise.  Will it kill Chain Swords?