What is going on with my anubias barteri?

This Anubias is approaching 2 years or so and has been growing pretty consistently on one end for a while now. Recently I noticed some new, tiny leaves growing on the old growth under some pretty mature leaves. Is this normal? Is it getting ready to branch off in different directions? 🤷IMG_6183.jpeg.1190a580d198ee4932fa94c5bb461082.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a 5 yr. old Nana that just put out its first flower.  I had done some pruning, so I thought it was just a new leaf.  The rhizome on this one has a few direction changes

You will have your answer soon.  Two flowers would definitely be super cool

Edited by Tanked
additional comment
  • Love 1

Was this anubias cut back any time in the last few months? The circled parts in the pics look like either flowers or new leaves/shoots (possibly some of each). Typically, these are both more likely to occur near the growing tip of the rhizome, unless there has been disturbance (like trimming or breakage or change in light or whatever). 

On 1/29/2024 at 12:42 PM, TOtrees said:

Was this anubias cut back any time in the last few months? The circled parts in the pics look like either flowers or new leaves/shoots (possibly some of each). Typically, these are both more likely to occur near the growing tip of the rhizome, unless there has been disturbance (like trimming or breakage or change in light or whatever). 

Actually yes, the very end of it and about a week afterwards is when this new growth started coming in.