My 2.5 gallon lava rock tank

In this tank, I've been experimenting with lava rock aquascape, breeding guppys, and taking care of bumble bee gobys. This tank is also home to a small sparkling gourami I recently got.

I'm planning on upgrading to a 5.5 gallon tank.

This tank currently holds one very small bumble bee goby, one sparkling gourami, and a single feeder guppy (planning on trying to breed it soon).

20240127_112836.jpg

20240127_112850.jpg

20240127_112901.jpg

20240127_112914.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Update!

Recently, I noticed my crayfish was acting aggressive towards my gourami and that the gourami was spending more time hiding than usual. I kept an eye on them and when I saw the gourami's fins torn up, I decided to move him to my 20 gal tank. He is currently doing very well and his fins have completely healed!

As for the crayfish, he now has the tank completely to himself which I plan to keep it that way due to him being aggressive to everything, even me!

If anyone has name ideas for the crayfish and gourami, please let me know.

Thank you for reading and following this tank. If you want to see more of my gourami, I will be updating on him on my 20 gal tank journal.

I hope you have a joyful day!

Edited by JS Fish
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, Mango has passed on. I'm not sure why exactly he passed but unfortunately it happened.

A few days after his passing, I decided on a new occupant for this tank. A new bumble bee goby.

I've tryed these before with little success but this time I have something I didn't have before. Live brine shrimp. With this, my new bumble bee goby who I've named Buzz has been eating very excitedly. I'm looking forward to his growth and will post a picture of him when he let's me get one.

• Sad 1

On 7/18/2024 at 8:20 PM, JS Fish said:

Unfortunately, Mango has passed on. I'm not sure why exactly he passed but unfortunately it happened.

A few days after his passing, I decided on a new occupant for this tank. A new bumble bee goby.

I've tryed these before with little success but this time I have something I didn't have before. Live brine shrimp. With this, my new bumble bee goby who I've named Buzz has been eating very excitedly. I'm looking forward to his growth and will post a picture of him when he let's me get one.

Oh man, 😢. RIP mango. I am sorry that this happened @JS Fish. You should post a new vid about Buzz for me though on YT. He looks awesome! 

On 7/19/2024 at 3:29 PM, JS Fish said:

I finally got Buzz to pose for me!

20240719_152728.jpg

20240719_152755.jpg

On 7/19/2024 at 4:14 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Oh man, 😢. RIP mango. I am sorry that this happened @JS Fish. You should post a new vid about Buzz for me though on YT. He looks awesome! 

Thanks @Whitecloud09. I'll see if I can get a vid of Buzz. He's very active and exploitative. I'm also going to post a vid of my 5 gal tall with my guppies soon!

• Love 1

• 1 month later...