Wabi What Now?

• 1 month later...

Continues to grow and change. Almost three months in. Easy maintenance. Spray a couple times a day, change water once a week. Trim some things that try escaping the glass. Fun to see the plants grow in different ways than underwater.

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1283.jpeg

IMG_1284.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think this one is about done. I’m planning to take it apart, save what plants I can and make a new one. It has been fun to watch this grow and change. Maybe I should have trimmed it.

IMG_1955.jpeg

IMG_1956.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

It has been growing without much water in it for a long time. I spray it most days. I’m very curious to see what plants are growing in the layers. I can see some floating plants (salvinia) growing on the sides which is interesting.

IMG_1958.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg

I’m thinking this new one will just be a couple of rocks I found and low plants, like moss, Monte Carlo, maybe some taller ones in the back. 

IMG_1960.jpeg

• Love 2

Well, I did it. I dismantled the overgrown wabi kusa and used the moss that was buried in it to build the new one that I’ve been thinking about. $3 glass bowl from thrift store, a few found rocks, and some reused aquasoil. Hope it grows well🤷🏼‍♂️

IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_1993.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

My kiddo enjoys arranging these lizards in the Wabi Kusa. Makes me smile. I’m also enjoying the Monte Carlo and hydrocotlye tripartita appearing in what I thought would just be a moss carpet🤷🏼‍♂️. They were both in the Wabi Kusa I dismantled, which is where I got the moss, so makes sense I guess.

IMG_2147.jpeg

IMG_2148.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...