Weird Issue with my Platies

Goosedub

Hey all,

So for like the last year, I have tried 3 different Xiohpphorus species with 5 or 6 different varieties. Every single strain, the females slowly get skinnier, don’t drop fry, then they get clamped fins and die. I have treated with Expel P which seems to perk them up for a couple of weeks then they start going down again. I have used Paracleanse, Prazi Pro, and Ich-X at different times but my female Xiphophorus just don’t do well. The males seem to be fine. All of my Guppies, cichlids, and BN Plecos seem fine. Any idea? My water is Chicago tap. Hard water. I keep my parameters managed fine.

On 1/20/2024 at 11:08 PM, Goosedub said:

Hey all,

So for like the last year, I have tried 3 different Xiohpphorus species with 5 or 6 different varieties. Every single strain, the females slowly get skinnier, don’t drop fry, then they get clamped fins and die. I have treated with Expel P which seems to perk them up for a couple of weeks then they start going down again. I have used Paracleanse, Prazi Pro, and Ich-X at different times but my female Xiphophorus just don’t do well. The males seem to be fine. All of my Guppies, cichlids, and BN Plecos seem fine. Any idea? My water is Chicago tap. Hard water. I keep my parameters managed fine.

With what your describing I would be leaning towards wasting disease it's odd that it's only affecting the female and not the males how many rounds of expel p did you treat and how many rounds of prazipro and paracleanse did you treat with 

On 1/20/2024 at 5:10 PM, Colu said:

With what your describing I would be leaning towards wasting disease it's odd that it's only affecting the female and not the males how many rounds of expel p did you treat and how many rounds of prazipro and paracleanse did you treat with 

It’s hard to tell honestly. I think these groups, there are 3 of them have only recently gotten one round of expel p and one round or paracleanse. No prazi pro