Slate jungle aquascape

On 1/17/2024 at 12:42 AM, TheChosenOne said:

Love the look of this tank. Can I ask what the foreground plants are?

Pogosthemon Helfiri, not too happy with it atm. It does not looks like it but it's kind a stemplant. 6months in it's getting leggy and cutting it back is ugly as hell. I will only ever use it in midground again, I hope the monte carlo under it takes over after removal.
Only grows with CO2 and is a heavy root feeder. does not need to adapt, just grows wild from week 1 after planting.

You can find all plants, fish and setup other info on this page, I'm still writing it and it's also in dutch. The tank is in a retirement home, if you scan the QR on it you get the info page.  

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 6:30 PM, Jeff said:

How did you get that tall piece of slate to stay standing in the back?

Love the rock only scape! Not many of these kinds of scales out there.

Balanced on gravel stabilizer in-between rocks, than added a lot of soil.

IMG_20230907_220639468.jpg

IMG_20230907_220648515_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/17/2024 at 11:16 AM, Daan C said:

Pogosthemon Helfiri, not too happy with it atm. It does not looks like it but it's kind a stemplant. 6months in it's getting leggy and cutting it back is ugly as hell. I will only ever use it in midground again, I hope the monte carlo under it takes over after removal.
Only grows with CO2 and is a heavy root feeder. does not need to adapt, just grows wild from week 1 after planting.

You can find all plants, fish and setup other info on this page, I'm still writing it and it's also in dutch. The tank is in a retirement home, if you scan the QR on it you get the info page.  

thanks for the info. I'll look into it but if it needs CO2 it won't be for me I run a low tech tank.  Love the look of it tho. 

Edited by TheChosenOne

• 2 weeks later...