Plant prices

Quite simply money is not worth what it was…

as to co op vs competitors?  I bought some java fern from a competitor in a plant order of plants the co op does not offer.

Yes it was cheaper.  But it was a single plant.  I bought three more Java Fern from the co op.  2 plants per pot and all were noticeably bigger and more robust…

If the co op has the plants I want to buy, (which unfortunately they dont carry most of the more difficult plants I want… and I do understand why they dont.)  I will preferentially buy from the co op.

I buy plants from the LFS.  Price is a major concern. My LFS's plant prices have barely budged. I can't say the same for the livestock.

The real reason is that those plants are already growing in conditions close to what they will be in when I get them home.  🤞

I just ordered from Aquarium Plant Factory ordered on Friday shipped Sunday.  I'll post here when they arrive.  Shipping from CA to WA.  Next time I'm in Edmonds I plan to stop in at Aquarium Co-OP, but APF came highly recommended from several people on father fish.

• 2 weeks later...

For the best prices, I go to my local club’s yearly expo (in the last hour you can usually haggle for a good price when purchasing multiples). The monthly meeting is also a good time if I don’t want to wait. However, since your question specifically said sites I assume you want a website. I bought some bolbitis from Dustin’s fish tanks a couple months ago which came healthy, well packaged and in a larger than expected portion. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 11:04 PM, GreenSorceress said:

For the best prices, I go to my local club’s yearly expo (in the last hour you can usually haggle for a good price when purchasing multiples). The monthly meeting is also a good time if I don’t want to wait. However, since your question specifically said sites I assume you want a website. I bought some bolbitis from Dustin’s fish tanks a couple months ago which came healthy, well packaged and in a larger than expected portion. 

Dustin has great plants (use code IWANTMORE) but imo hes getting too big for his britches!!!

[old man voice] In my day you got his plants wrapped in yesterdays news paper soaking wet & stuffed in a hand tied plastic bag!!! Im not so sure about all this fancy new premium butchers paper and heat sealed plastic.......  What will these kids think of next????

Disclaimer:

This post was tongue in cheek scarcasm, because im bord..   🤣

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...