Name that Christmas tune Please!

Tanked

Beginning with Thanksgiving every year, I renew my search for a song that I associate with Christmas. For some reason I only remember the first line and the repeating refrain.   I no longer have the album, artist, title or even all of the lyrics.   My version was done by a solo male artist.  I’ve tried Rod McKuen and Barry McGuire without success.  I’ve tried using various combinations on some of the lyrics sites, but if you have ever used them, you know how useless they can be.  

Does any of this look familiar?

I’ll bring you berries, sweet cherries and rum if you walk with me, walk for a while

chorus:  Come if you’ll only be my company.  Walk with me, walk for a while

Good thing s will come for the good month or more in the time of the wondering (wandering?) child.

???

Final chorus:  Come if you’ll only be my company.  Walk with me, walk for a while

Good thing s will come for the good month or more, in the time of the wondering (wandering?) child                                            

in the time of the wondering

time of the wondering

time of the wondering (wandering?) child

• Confused 1

On 12/14/2023 at 7:53 PM, Odd Duck said:

I tried some searches earlier and found nothing that even came close.  Now when I put some of the lyrics in and search, it directs me to your post!

I got the same results last night.  It was kind of like talking to myself.   Thanks for trying, Your response was only 6 minutes old.

I'm still leaning towards McKuen.  He did produce Christmas Albums, short songs and poetry.  (even if Google can't find them)!

• Like 1