Columnaris?

jwcarlson

Yeah, making any judgements without knowing exactly when he died is tough.  A lot of stuff happenings in a hurry in warm water.

I appreciate all of the help/ideas here.  The fish in the original tank still has a small white spot on it's side, but it is behaving normally, eating, etc.  Spot hasn't changed.

On 12/16/2023 at 2:20 AM, jwcarlson said:

Yeah, making any judgements without knowing exactly when he died is tough.  A lot of stuff happenings in a hurry in warm water.

I appreciate all of the help/ideas here.  The fish in the original tank still has a small white spot on it's side, but it is behaving normally, eating, etc.  Spot hasn't changed.

How small is the spot on the other fish and how long has he had it 

On 12/15/2023 at 8:35 PM, Colu said:

How small is the spot on the other fish and how long has he had it 

Has had it same amount as this one had it.  Or at least noticed on the same day.  It's roughly half as big and it's not fuzzy like this other one's was.  

So Sunday/Monday timeframe.  But honestly, these fish are so skittish and aloof that it could have been longer.  I noticed what I thought was a wound on Sunday for sure.

Edited by jwcarlson

On 12/16/2023 at 2:45 AM, jwcarlson said:

Has had it same amount as this one had it.  Or at least noticed on the same day.  It's roughly half as big and it's not fuzzy like this other one's was.  

So Sunday/Monday timeframe.  But honestly, these fish are so skittish and aloof that it could have been longer.  I noticed what I thought was a wound on Sunday for sure.

Could Be an injury and just needs some time to heal fully 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 1:05 PM, jwcarlson said:

Terrible picture, the spot on his face is not actually on the fish.  I think it was a battle injury on both fish.  The back story is this one below has been a sleeper male for... 8ish months.  This one is displaying male coloring now.  

20231216_070004.jpg.89f22c1ea6c12f76c595c027bca69e10.jpg

The spot Doesn't look as big as the other ones the fact it doesn't have any sign of fungal infections hopefully it will heal on it's own without any intervention 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...