Hump back fish?

FishMama814

Tank/water info:

29g with 1tblsp/5gal aquarium salt; established 1 year; swordtails, 1 SAE, and platys

pH: 7.6

ammonia and nitrite: 0

nitrate: 10

KH: 150

GH: 150

carbonate: 120

water temp: 80F

i have a female platy that looks like a humpback. Her belly looks flat on the bottom but normal curvature at the top. Her back fin sort of looks likes it’s drooping. Like she can’t quite swim upright, if that makes sense. Her back fin isn’t clamped even though in the pics it might look that way. Her back fin has never really “fanned” out. She sometimes looks like she is shimmying and other times looks like she swimming normal but her back end drooping is making it look like a shimmy. Any ideas? Pics attached. 

IMG_6128.jpeg

IMG_6125.jpeg

IMG_6126.jpeg

The temp at 80 might be contributing to stress.  It's a small thing, but I would turn it towards 78 if you can.  I think the fish has a sunken belly, so I would start with some paracleanse for internal parasites.  @Colu can give more contest once the details above are provided as to what the best method will be for the fish.  I just wanted to mention what I saw when looking at the photos and parameters.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 5:27 PM, Colu said:

How old is the fish when did it first start to develop a bent spine is she eating ok any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy flashing spitting food out is it still producing fry @FishMama814

I just noticed it when I got back in town from Thanksgiving. She’s still eating good. I’m pretty sure one of the babies is hers but it’s probably about a month to two months old. She does hang out at the surface quite a bit but not 24/7. Doesn’t seem to be breathing rapidly. No flashing lethargy or any other symptoms. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 4:10 AM, FishMama814 said:

I just noticed it when I got back in town from Thanksgiving. She’s still eating good. I’m pretty sure one of the babies is hers but it’s probably about a month to two months old. She does hang out at the surface quite a bit but not 24/7. Doesn’t seem to be breathing rapidly. No flashing lethargy or any other symptoms. 

Scoliosis is really common in liverbears I think that's what's causing the hump back I think it would be worthwhile treating with paracleanse as @nabokovfan87suggested you would want to do three full courses of treatment 2 weeks apart so you would treat on week 1 week 3 week 5 

Edited by Colu