Christmas is soon upon us! What do you want for Christmas and what are you going to do!

It's almost here folks! The time of giving and joy (and some Mariah Carey...). I want to hear everybody's wants for the season! IF you don't celebrate Christmas, what will you spend the extra time on? 

I really want some neon signs (The ones I want are signs of a white koi and an Orange squid) to hang on my walls and put on my desk to go near the breeder tank! I also really want supplies and some money from my family to buy the supplies I need! 

Hopefully us fishkeepers get some good deals on websites and stores... 

• 3 weeks later...

Christmas will involve cook/baking, overeating, and imbibing in adult beverages.  There will be traditional Christmas music if I am lucky.

Christmas Day with friends will probably involve  Christmas themed pajamas, and a country breakfast, followed by gifts for die kinder and a white elephant gift exchange for the adults.   

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 8:13 AM, Kaiju said:

The time of giving and joy (and some Mariah Carey...).

😂 You right. Great album.  Hit up Alabama Christmas too, the one with Thistlehair the Christmas Bear (for the kids) and Santa Clause I still believe in you (for the adults wrapping the gifts).

For me, I need some clothes, yep but it's just how it goes.  I would like 3 big ol bags of substrate.  I really want my plants to ship out and arrive healthy and happy.  Desperate need.... I really want to get a reliable heater for a 20Long that I feel comfortable with or get the heater controller going.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if we're heading anywhere.  This is my last week of work and then I'm off for 17 days.  Hoping to get a deer during late muzzleloader season as well as finishing some additional work on two bedrooms I'm adding to our basement.  As well as doing some work on my fish room.  I want to reseal a 125 that I have and hope to eventually move my discus into.  I've got fry coming along that will need some additional work/space coming up and I have tanks, but not exactly the best plan at the moment.  If I could get my discus into the 125 while I'm off, that would be good.  But I'd settle for just getting the tank resealed, to be honest.  I did a test reseal on a 29 and it went OK.  I figure a 125 might actually be easier as it's quite a bit more open.  The 29 was tough to get into in a lot of ways.

I also want to setup some sort of central draining point for my tanks and/or setting up some PVC overflows that would allow me to do some manual, but kind of automatic, water changes.  I don't think I need a totally automatic system, but if I'm changing water on one tank it would be nice to be changing water on a few at the same time.  Unfortunately, the floor drain is fairly slow, though.  So that's something I probably need to troubleshoot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@jwcarlson, @nabokovfan87, @Tanked

Very interesting! Personally, I get tired of Christmas music very very fast (sorry in advance to the Christmas people out there lmao), I usually listen to punk, grunge, alternative and other rock stuff (occasional Indie/chillwave rock). I usually listen to Mr. Brightside (The Killers), Cute without the E (Taking Back Sunday) and other various artists like The Strokes, Gorillaz, Nirvana, etc. when I get tired of Christmas stuff. 

I also think i'm just gonna take a huge relaxation. Playing online with friends, etc. Just a time to chill.

Edited by Kaiju

On 12/12/2023 at 1:52 PM, Kaiju said:

@jwcarlson, @nabokovfan87, @Tanked

Very interesting! Personally, I get tired of Christmas music very very fast (sorry in advance to the Christmas people out there lmao), I usually listen to punk, grunge, alternative and other rock stuff (occasional Indie/chillwave rock). I usually listen to Mr. Brightside (The Killers), Cute without the E (Taking Back Sunday) and other various artists like The Strokes, Gorillaz, Nirvana, etc. 

With the exception of Nirvana, I don't think I'm familiar with any of those groups.  Christmas music is the only "best by" date that I observe.  It may be the only genre that has a season.  I prefer listening to traditional carols done more or less traditionally but there is room for most of the variations.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 2:14 PM, Tanked said:

With the exception of Nirvana, I don't think I'm familiar with any of those groups.  Christmas music is the only "best by" date that I observe.  It may be the only genre that has a season.  I prefer listening to traditional carols done more or less traditionally but there is room for most of the variations.

Definitely check em' out sometime!