Subtitles not enabled

Alec2cool

I've noticed an alarming trend of Aquarium Co-op's youtube channel not enabling subtitles for their last 3 uploaded videos as well as the spooktacular livestream.

I'm severely hearing impaired and I do mean severely. I require subtitles to enjoy and understand content. I'm a huge, HUGE fan of Aquarium Co-op but I have not been able to enjoy their youtube content lately. Many other youtube channels as well as fishtubers have consistently continued enabling subtitles, even after youtube axing crowdsourced captioning (In the middle of deaf awareness week too) Friends of mine with youtube channels have explained that it is quite simple, you check a box and youtube adds subtitles for you. Maybe they are wrong and it's far more difficult than that.

The reason for this post is that I'm hoping someone can help me understand how the youtube subtitles work or maybe explain why Aquarium Co-op has stopped enabling them? Perhaps it was an overlooked mistake and maybe this post can help bring it to their attention?

I hope I don't sound like a grumpy jerk, thanks for reading!

4 minutes ago, Cory said:

This is a bug on youtube's end. We always use auto generated closed captioning. Youtube has had some problems lately with outages and such. 

I appreciate the reply, thank you. Hopefully youtube can get this resolved soon, I have quite a bit to catch up on!