Fungus Mature Angel Fish

Cyndi

Help Please!
Here Is Finn a 1-2 year old Platinum Angel. He was living In a community planted 75 Gallon kept at 80 degrees at Mostly Mutts Animal Rescue.
1) He first began exhibiting redness around his face and fins this past Friday 11/10. He also showed increased territoriality. I thought maybe he was trying to spawn due to weather changes.
2) On Tuesday I observed the Mollies picking on him. He was listing to one side and they would not leave his slime coat alone. I thought they were paying him back for driving them out of his territory. I immediately put him in a breeder net until I could take him home.
3) On Wednesday evening, I observed these weird patches on his slime coat. He also had weird dots that were connected by filaments of some kind.  I immediately dosed with Ich-X because It can be good for fungus and Maracyn for a secondary infection.
4) This morning he showed much Improvement, being that the dots with filaments are gone & the redness has cleared up. However, the patches are still there. This picture was taken this morning 11/15.
5) Does anyone have Insight as to what is going on - and the possible prognosis for recovery? Thank you so much!

sickangel.jpeg

Edited by Cyndi

Update: I had to put him down as he began to have trouble maintaining an upright position and he still had red streaks in his fins. Makes me think it was an overall infection. Think it was a humane solution. Still curious as to cause, as this is my first Angel fish - and of course I'm super Bummed 😪

Edited by Cyndi

On 11/16/2023 at 4:17 PM, Cyndi said:

Update: I had to put him down as he began to have trouble maintaining an upright position and he still had red streaks in his fins. Makes me think it was an overall infection. Think it was a humane solution. Still curious as to cause, as this is my first Angel fish - and of course I'm super Bummed 😪

Over production of the slime coat can be caused by a number of things such as parasitic infections bacterial infections poor water quality with the redness you described i would be leaning towards a bacterial infections 

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2023 at 5:16 PM, Colu said:

Over production of the slime coat can be caused by a number of things such as parasitic infections bacterial infections poor water quality with the redness you described i would be leaning towards a bacterial infections 

@Colu Thank you so much for your response! I don't think its a water quality issue, but I can't prove it because someone walked off with my test kit. I'm with you and leaning towards  a bacterial infection, and if I'd started treating him when he initially started exhibiting redness,  maybe I could have saved him. Such a shame, such a beautiful fish. 

Spoiler
Spoiler