A big "howdy" from down in Texas.

Hey, I'm Kaiju. A fairly new person in the amazing world of fishkeeping and aquascaping! I have a little experience but know quite a lot (it might not always be correct though...)  I really enjoy this new profound hobby and I'm already always in a trance thinking of new fish tank ideas. 

I had fish when I was young, but I reignited the flames of interest for fish and fishkeeping. I liked artificial decor but when I found that AQUASCAPING WAS A THING I fell in love with it (probably why I'm not interested in romance, I only need fish!). 

My hobbies are (excluding fishkeeping): Video Games, Anime binging (finished up the last Attack on Titan episode...), watching my favourite YouTubers (Fish for Thought, Aquarium Co-op, Penguinz0, Oompaville, etc.), drawing, and photography (I plan to take pictures of fish in the future!

Any suggestions or advice for me? I really appreciate it. 🙂 

Have a good one! 

Hello fellow Texan! I'm not sure which part of the state you're in or your nearest major metro, but some of my favorite local stores in the state for aquascaping are Aqua Dome (Austin), Aquatek (Austin), 360 Aquatic (Houston), and Elegant Reef (San Antonio). Aquatek has a ton of amazing supplies and is worth the trip, even if you're from out of town (which I am). If you are around San Antonio, Polly's and Fintique are also awesome! I'm lucky I've been able to travel around the state quite a bit for work so I've gotten to sample what's available in most major cities.

• Like 1

It's very worthwhile! I go to Aqua Dome more often because they're generous enough to give my employer a discount but Aquatek is what I prefer for personal shopping. They're one of the only brick and mortars in the state that I've seen carrying Repashy (aside from South Seas Aquatics in San Antonio).

On 11/15/2023 at 10:04 PM, ange said:

. . . some of my favorite local stores in the state for aquascaping are Aqua Dome (Austin), Aquatek (Austin), 360 Aquatic (Houston), and Elegant Reef (San Antonio). Aquatek has a ton of amazing supplies and is worth the trip, even if you're from out of town (which I am). If you are around San Antonio, Polly's and Fintique are also awesome! I'm lucky I've been able to travel around the state quite a bit for work so I've gotten to sample what's available in most major cities.

Hello,

I'm also a big fan of 360 Aquatic, and have sold them quite a bit of stuff (mostly plants).  There's a small chain called Fish Gallery, with two stores in the Houston area and I think one or two in Dallas.  They give store credit for plants, shrimp, etc, and I've been told they'll pay directly if the quantity and quality is enough.

• Like 1

@Flipper Thanks for the warm and friendly welcome. I already like the forum in my little time here! Very helpful! 

One fishkeeper to another its a haven of advice and inspiration, especially for a newbie like me! 

• 1 month later...