What plants for common goldfish

Supermassive

I've googled that question and tried many of the suggestions but so far they have eaten everything I've tried. They didn't eat everything entirely but there isn't any plants they have just left alone.

The plants weve tried are java fern, anubias, water wisteria, cryptocoryne wendtii, amazon sword, and bucephalandra. The crypt had to be removed and the wisteria is completely gone. They are eating all the new growth on the anubias and java fern and even some old leaves on the java fern. The amazon sword seems to be the best bet. I will probably get more of them. They are eating the swords but it grows too fast. We also tried some emerged pothos but it isn't growing much because they keep eating all the roots. I would like some floating plants but idk if they will just eat the typical ones you can find.

If anybody has experience with planted goldfish tanks I would love to hear what plants you had luck with.

Edited by Supermassive

I have water spite and Elodie and water lettuce in my goldfish tank at the moment have tried planting the water spite and Elodie they kept getting up rooted by my goldfish I leave them  floating water spite and Elodie grow like a weeds

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 6:30 PM, GoofyGarra said:

Ive worked with a tank  that had goldfish with a massive amount of Java Moss (or a similar moss), the goldfish would pick at algae and muck on the moss but they did not eat the moss.

Alright, thanks for the suggestion. Ill pick some up next time I can.

On 11/12/2023 at 7:06 PM, Colu said:

I have water spite and Elodie and water lettuce in my goldfish tank at the moment have tried planting the water spite and Elodie they kept getting up rooted by my goldfish I leave them  floating water spite and Elodie grow like a weeds

Okay nice, thank you. Ill try to find some of that too.

• Like 1