Seeking advice about mollies

ScandiDefense

Hi guys! Hope everyone and their fishes are safe and well! 

A little update:- I finally moved into my new home and i have dedicated a room for my fishes! So excited to finally have my very own fish room! Over the past few months i have grown attached to mollies.

For the moment i have finished setting up my 6 tanks in my fish room. 1 community tank with 5 tetras and 11 adult mollies (4 male black mollies & 5 female assorted mollies & 2 male assorted mollies). 2nd tank is occupied by 4 angels. 3rd is occupied by a blood parrot. I have dedicated the remaining 3 tanks for my mollies (I will eventually sort the mollies that i have in the communtiy tank according to gender into the 3 tanks when the baby mollies grow up). 1 tank for males. Another for females. And the last one for babies. I currently have around 50 baby mollies. 

Now i noticed that my male black mollies are ignoring the female assorted mollies. The biggest male black molly is chasing the 3 other smaller black mollies trying to mate with them. Will black mollies mate with assorted mollies? I hope my black mollies will eventually mate with my assorted mollies.

20231104_151726.jpg

• Love 1

With five female mollies, I would expect that you will soon be knee-deep in mollies. Sometimes it takes fish a while to settle in before they start delivering 50+ offspring every 30 days, but in my experience with livebearers, they always get there eventually!

Thanks for the reply! Knee deep in mollies! That would be awesome!!! 😁😁😁 

A little update  - the males have started chasing the females around this morning. But the male black mollies are still keeping to themselves...

On 11/6/2023 at 10:02 PM, PineSong said:

With five female mollies, I would expect that you will soon be knee-deep in mollies. Sometimes it takes fish a while to settle in before they start delivering 50+ offspring every 30 days, but in my experience with livebearers, they always get there eventually!