Journey of setting up the air pump.

Aguinaga

On 11/2/2023 at 3:14 PM, Aguinaga said:

I will post my journey of my setting up my air pump set up. I got the air pump from aquarium co-op. I ordered the bleeder and control valve. I’ll be getting the pipe from Lowe’s. Here is the start of my journey 

IMG_5796.jpeg

Where did you get the bleeder and valve?  Can you please message me if posting a link would violate forum rules?

• Like 2

@Guppysnail I have a really good relationship with the Lowe’s closet to me. The Pro desk manager is interested in my projects and really helpful. I’ll probably end up there afterwork today, and lay it out on the floor in the store today with his help. Don’t get me wrong I’m intimidated also, but watched videos and a super supportive wife, she makes me feel like I can do anything. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Okay did a Lowe’s run today and I hope this goes well and doesn’t seem more confusing. starting left to right. 

1/2 inch Bleed off valve 

1/2 inch muffler/diffuser 

2in 1/2 inch extension 

1/2 to 1 inch slip 

3/4 to 3/4 barb thread

3/4 to 1inch slip

3/4 to 3/4 barb connector 

T 1in connector 

45 degree 1in connector 

1in connector 

hose clamps 

nylon tape  

and of course, picked up another 5 gallon bucket  

IMG_5888.jpeg

IMG_5890.jpeg

IMG_5892.jpeg

IMG_5895.jpeg

IMG_5896.jpeg

IMG_5889.jpeg

• Like 2

Used a string and couple of clamps to keep a semi steady line. Then followed the trick Aquarium Co-Op recommends to screw the valves in. Pretty happy about it. Then got it hung and the wife was actually not upset about our living room changing into a fish room 😂

IMG_5963.jpeg

IMG_5961.jpeg

IMG_5986.jpeg

IMG_5987.jpeg

• Love 2

Well not my weekend but putting in time when I can. Not 100% sure how well of a seal 🦭 I got on the pressure gauge because of lack of tape from screwing it in. Thinking if it isn’t whistling at me a small amount I’m not going to worry about since I will be bleeding out air anyways. First runs never seem to be perfect at least for me. 

IMG_6017.jpeg

• Like 2

So finished up the project. Like all projects that deal with drilling holes in the ceiling, do it when the wife isn’t home. The needle isn’t really steady but it works. Definitely one of those you adjust one and have to go through the system to see what else changed. Trying to keep it at 1.5. Any advise or words of wisdom throw them my way. First time doing a closed loop system. 

IMG_6085.jpeg

IMG_6083.jpeg

IMG_6081.jpeg

IMG_6082.jpeg

• Like 1