Food For Otocinclus

JE47

On 10/29/2023 at 5:27 AM, JE47 said:

I was wondering if anyone has used the northfin kelp wafers for feeding the otocinclus and what was your experience with the food?

I don't use north fin if you want a more natural diet repashy super green or solient green are great and tropical plecos tablet have 36% spirulina or tropical hi-algae discs contain 52% algae from 5 different types of algae their larger wafers you can break them up or EBo spirulina tabs contain 30% spirulina EBo veg sticks are 50%pumpkin 50%pea fibra and cucumber or blanched lettuce or spinach is  what a feed my plecos that require a high percentage plant and algae based diet

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

Thank you for your response this is helpful information. I will for sure go the repashy route with fresh veggies sometimes. I was more asking about the northfin food out of curiosity and you have satisfied my curiosity.

On 10/28/2023 at 10:27 PM, JE47 said:

I was wondering if anyone has used the northfin kelp wafers for feeding the otocinclus and what was your experience with the food?

I have. pretty much no fish touched them.  The pellet food (cichlid veggie) that is the exact same recipe, the fish would eat though.

In terms of otos, something like repashy is a lot easier for them to eat, but mine mostly stick to surfaces, wood, glass, and they actually may only really eat after lights go out.