Saw some “sky blue” rams for sale today. Anyone heard of these?

Zeaqua

Today I was shopping at my LFS and noticed “sky blue rams” for sale. I’m a bit color blind, so I couldn’t tell if they were any different from the German blues that they had, but I was super intrigued by them. Have any of you seen these being sold anywhere? 

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/22/2023 at 11:24 PM, Zeaqua said:

Today I was shopping at my LFS and noticed “sky blue rams” for sale. I’m a bit color blind, so I couldn’t tell if they were any different from the German blues that they had, but I was super intrigued by them. Have any of you seen these being sold anywhere? 

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

More like rams on sky blue substrate. I see nothing blue regarding the rams from this picture 😝😄 

also they have an interesting choice there to mix them with kribs.

• Haha 2

On 10/22/2023 at 4:24 PM, Zeaqua said:

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

What I've noticed with sellers is "sky blue" anything, just means "not as blue as usual" lol

On 10/23/2023 at 6:10 AM, BucketAquatics said:

What I've noticed with sellers is "sky blue" anything, just means "not as blue as usual" lol

people can call fishes anything they want; there is an electric blue variant (this is colour morph human bred); anyway those fishes look pretty stressed and i doubt they are temp compatible with the other fishes in that aquarium which might be why they are stressed (too cold). 

On 10/23/2023 at 10:40 AM, anewbie said:

people can call fishes anything they want; there is an electric blue variant (this is colour morph human bred); anyway those fishes look pretty stressed and i doubt they are temp compatible with the other fishes in that aquarium which might be why they are stressed (too cold). 

Yeah, that's basically my point ..... They're called "sky blue" because they are stressed, not colored up and probably have less of the electric blue gene in them than typical electric blue rams. It's the same thing with shrimp.