Is gourami a good choice and which one

beastie

Yesterday I talked about my Asian tank, today my South American tank that I am willing to adjust. Is a gourami good option for me?

This is my largest tank, 120x50x60cm, here is a low light picture before maintenance, one from the back of the tank after the maintenance:

image.jpeg.2e967c0c31497118b27337805f07fb16.jpeg

image.jpeg.b7bac681989af02c631c3521fd4be572.jpeg

6 remaining hatchetfish, 20 or so dying out ember tetras (oldest inhabitants), 20 rummynose tetra, 13 sterbai corydoras, 4 bolivian ram and several otocinclus

I love gouramis and cant stick them to my asian tank, cause of the temperature. But how about here? If yes, which and how many?

5x honey gourami, to see their interactions? 1m2f pearl gourami? or just one male pearl gourami? blue gourami, powder blue, dwarf?

I dont know. Advice will be appreciated. Thank you

(BTW I am not worried about the hatchetfish. I increased the school twice, they will jump out, I am done with them. If they coexist with the gourami, fine, if they wont, they would have jumped out anyway. Very ungrateful fish)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That tank is stunning. I’m hooked on my sunset honey gourami. They are definitely my kind of wet pets. I have 6 in a 29 with my Badis badis. 

They qre interactive among themselves and their surroundings but also interactive with me. They feel the glass with their feelers wherever I put my fingers. 🥰

Watching them interacting and communicating is fascinating to me. I’ve never kept any other gourami so maybe they are all that way I don’t know. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I second the whiptails...they are awesome! As far as gouramis, I have some sunset honey gouramis that I just got from The Wet Spot in Portland. They are so cute and very personable...no hiding ever! 

Another suggestion, pencilfish...they are my new faves. I have them in 2 tanks now. 🙂 

On 10/17/2023 at 7:19 AM, Guppysnail said:

That tank is stunning. I’m hooked on my sunset honey gourami. They are definitely my kind of wet pets. I have 6 in a 29 with my Badis badis. 

They qre interactive among themselves and their surroundings but also interactive with me. They feel the glass with their feelers wherever I put my fingers. 🥰

Watching them interacting and communicating is fascinating to me. I’ve never kept any other gourami so maybe they are all that way I don’t know. 

Aren't they the cutest?? My Mom loves hers! They are both so interactive and always messing about all over the tank. Def will be buying more Labyrinths in the near future! 

• Like 2