Moving aquarium and fish?

IlhamSetiawan

So this year me and my family decided to move from Jakarta to Semarang which would be a 6-7 hours trip, i want to bring my 15 gallon nano tank with a female betta, 6 albino cory, 3 kuhli loaches, 10 neon tetra, and a lot of red cherry shrimps.

How do i make them survive the 6-7 hours trip?

• Like 1

I would keep the fish and the shrimp separate just for the sake of acclimation on the other end of things.

Move the fish / shrimp to their buckets.  Try to add any ceramic media to the bottom of the bucket, one airstone in each, and then just drive to the destination.  Plants can float and be split between the two. 

Drain the tank, try to make sure nothing will fall or break the glass during shipping.  Anything heavy like wood/rock, then you need to move that separately from the fish and the plants.  Keep things wet that you can, especially filter media.  Apart from that, just move things and then you'll be fine.

If you need any more detailed explanations or things don't make sense please feel free to ask.

On 10/14/2023 at 11:22 PM, IlhamSetiawan said:

Because in Jakarta to Semarang there a lot of gravely road and many speedbumps

Understandable.  Make sure the buckets have lids or tie heavy towels to the top of them.  The tank itself, you just want to empty it as much as possible from anything heavy.   Secure it so it doesn't break during travel, but it should be generally ok. 

I would suggest bagging and packing them as if you are going to ship them. This is the safest way to transport them that distance. If they survive shipping they will certainly survive careful transport by you. 
Keep them in the climate controlled area of your vehicle with you. 
This also has them already in bag to float to temperate at the new location.  
If you need more time once there this allows you to set up buckets with the heater and float them in buckets until you can set their tank up. 
This is also the most space economical. I’ve moved distance several times for work. There is never enough space in vehicles. 

Best of luck with your move.