What is THIS??

FLFishChik

On 10/12/2023 at 5:45 PM, Biotope Biologist said:

If you can zoom in better or take a video it might be easier to id

I tried to zoom in but it just gets fuzzy. I noticed there are several on the tank glass, different sizes..all just creeping along the inside of the glass.  I cant notice any 'arrow' shaped haed, but cant magnify it to be certain. Im praying they arent planeria. but I dont know how they would have gotten in their as nothing new has been added in a few months

On 10/12/2023 at 3:02 PM, FLFishChik said:

I tried to zoom in but it just gets fuzzy.

Yeah, a lot of phones that "zoom" literally just zoom in on the image.  If that's the case, best thing is to always try to just take a normal (zoomed all the way out) photo.  That's why a lot of times now you see phones with 2-3 different lenses.  Optical zoom isn't something you really see from certain phones though. 

Based on what you got, yeah, it looks like rhabdo worms.   They usually go right in hand with detritus worms in a lot of cases!  From what I've seen, slightly bigger an you can really tell they are more of a flatworm body shape as opposed to a roundworm body shape.

On 10/13/2023 at 8:25 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I'm not convinced these are rhabdocoela. Rhabdocoela have more rounded ends.  Mine don't turn that sharply.

I’m thinking they are some type of detritus worm, they don’t have an arrow shaped head . But just in case, I’m going to treat for planeria

any suggestion on best product to use?

Edited by FLFishChik

On 10/13/2023 at 10:28 AM, FLFishChik said:

I’m thinking they are some type of detritus worm, they don’t have an arrow shaped head . But just in case, I’m going to treat for planeria

any suggestion on best product to use?

No Planeria would work, but it will definitely kill any snails you have. But if no arrow shaped head, it’s probably just a beneficial worm. I wouldn’t go through the trouble TBH

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1