Teenage Inspirational Nerm success.

Guppysnail

I want to share a story about a 14 year old girls nerm success. She inspires me. I see our younger nerms and nerms of all ages asking how to succeed and make money in the hobby with limited space and resources. This girl does this expertly. 

Last year at Keystone Clash I got to meet the girl I buy my live food starters from on Band app in person. I was shocked. She was 14 years old. 

This year her stand at Keystone Clash was one of the largest and non-stop busiest stands. 

Last year she had a limited number of types of foods. This year she had so many types it was crazy. She even branched out to include Herp feeder cultures. She sell chlorella vulgaris starters, cultures, fertilizer. Differs substrate mixes of her own blending for tons of different cultures including isopods. 

She had lots of corydora and other nano fish she bred from feeding so much live food. 

The club powers that be were talking and are now asking her to be one of the speakers at the Clash next year. 

So a young 15-16 year old girl will hopefully be sharing the stage with all the greats speaking next year. 

She found a niche for herself and really dove in to learn all she could. She doesn’t just sell cultures she learned enough to teach others. 

I hope someone else finds her story inspiring. 

What stories do you have to help inspire? 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

That's great. It is extremely hard to know yourself, your interests and your potential at such early age. Well done.

But I think her family also deserves an applaud for supporting her during her journey.

I believe it is very hard to come by parents that would allow  their kid to have multiple tanks, live food cultures and stuff like isopods at home. Many adults I know feel weirded out even when they see my isopods alone for example. Keeping many packs of worms and insects at home? You hear me.😝That being said, such luck all alone surely isn't enough for success for sure.

I wish her all the best

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 11:03 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

Not only is she young and sharing her passion, but she appears to be respected by the community at large, despite her age.

I applaud everyone involved!

Everyone has great respect for Brianne. Whenever I’m learning about a live food I may want to try she is who I go to for my opening learning lesson. 

• Like 3

On 10/4/2023 at 4:03 AM, DaveO said:

This Brianne sounds awesome. I wish you had some photos of her Clash Stand you could share.

I wish I had taken some. There were a lot of really cool things I wish I had taken photos of at the Clash. I get so caught up in all the great fishy stuff I forget to photo things.