Keeping fish is like eating at a cafeteria

Daniel

Keeping fish is like eating at a cafeteria.

As I go down the cafeteria line for the first time maybe I want one of each item. As I try that meal I find I like some items more than others. Now on my second trip back to the cafeteria, I start passing over many choices, but I start loading up on the things I really liked.

Then I find one thing I really like. And that's the thing for a while. Maybe the only thing.

It's a very personal choice, what's good to me, maybe not so much for you.  Personally I like cichlids (not to eat, I think @Cory says discus are 'bony') because they have such passionate and complex breeding behavior.

Currently, I have 3 pair of Apistogramma nijsseni spawning. It's not that I want 3x A. nijsseni babies, it is that I can get a much better idea of the breath and scope of what this particular kind of fish does if I can see multiple versions of same thing.

Back to food again, it like eating your favorite dish, but at several different restaurants. You begin to learn what the essence is.

Edited by Daniel
grammar
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Keeping fish is like eating at a cafeteria.

As I go down the cafeteria line for the first time maybe I want one of each item. As I try that meal I find I like some items more than others. Now on my second trip back to the cafeteria, I start passing over many choices, but I start loading up on the things I really liked.

Then I find one thing I really like. And that's the thing for a while. Maybe the only thing.

It's a very personal choice, what's good to me, maybe not so much for you.  Personally I like cichlids (not to eat, I think @Cory says discus are 'bony') because they have such passionate and complex breeding behavior.

Currently, I have 3 pair of Apistogramma nijsseni spawning. It's not that I want 3x A. nijsseni babies, it is that I can get a much better idea of the breath and scope of what this particular kind of fish does if I can see multiple versions of same thing.

Back to food again, it like eating your favorite dish, but at several different restaurants. You begin to learn what the essence is.

I agree, fish can indeed be compared to food.  The great correlation is that you don't have to spend a lot of money to enjoy either one.  😊