WooHoo! I Love A Good Sale!!

Just placed the order online for 2 Aqua Clear 110 filters (1 for each end of my 75G project) and I thought I should mention where I got them and why I bought them there (more on the filters and installation later on my running project post).

Typically, I would have gotten them through Amazon because they are generally cheaper and (with delivery) living in a rural area, I don't have to drive an hour or more each way to pick things up. But, surprisingly, not this time.

I ordered them online for pick-up from Petco on their Friends & Family Sale (25% off, mostly store-wide). Unlike many of their other sales, including the tank sale, this is in addition to the usual 10% off you save when you buy online for in store pickup. Since I was headed that way anyway, why not save some money!

I am not affiliated with Petco in any way, but this seemed too good to pass up!

This filter is normally $90-$95 free shipping+tax through Amazon. This Petco price made them only $61.40 each+tax.

I don't know how often this sale comes around, but it ends at midnight tonight according to the website countdown clock. Just thought I would mention it. Pic below. Hope that helps someone. Thanks.

AQUACLEAR 110.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lennie I am heading off to get them now, but let me just quickly say that in my research I found that the AC70 doesn't fit well on an Aqueon 75 without notching the tank frame (I won't be doing that) and I like that the AC filters work well out-of-the-box unlike the Tidal 75 & 110 which are both cheaper and would both fit the tank rim, but work best with a lot of mods. As for the over-kill part... maybe... but, this is "my baby"... the only display tank I have room for... so, I am going for it! lol Thanks.

Edited by JChristophersAdventures

On 8/20/2023 at 9:34 PM, JChristophersAdventures said:

@Lennie I am heading off to get them now, but let me just quickly say that in my research I found that the AC70 doesn't fit well on an Aqueon 75 without notching the tank frame (I won't be doing that) and I like that the AC filters work well out-of-the-box unlike the Tidal 75 & 110 which are both cheaper and would both fit the tank rim, but work best with a lot of mods. As for the over-kill part... maybe... but, this is "my baby"... the only display tank I have room for... so, I am going for it! lol Thanks.

No I meant just one AC110 maybe on one end and its enough(?), and if you want maybe an extra sponge filter just in case? For power outs, qt tank, travelling purposes, etc

If you wanna try 2 AC110s sure give it a try. But If I put 2 AC70s in my custom made 100x40x40cm tank (160L/42.2g) I believe my fish would barely be able to swim with two strong flows directing from opposite sides

• Like 1

@Lennie Just got back with the AC 110s, but won't attempt to set them into place until tomorrow. I have a specific plan for the way I want the water to flow throughout the aquarium. I will be fashioning a couple of directional barriers of black coroplast roughly 6" out from each filter across the path of the out flow. These will be somewhat adjustable. By my calculations this should move all the water around a pretty good clip, except for the center surface of the tank where there will be a low flow area from the surface down about 1/3 the way down in that middle section.

I will be able to both adjust the barriers and the flow rate, so it is just a matter of setting it up and fine tuning it. I will post it all as it comes together in my ongoing post thread as things unfold. Thanks.

@nabokovfan87 I believe the price (at least until midnight tonight) would be $209.99 + whatever your tax rate is (assuming you are picking it up in store, as opposed to additional shipping charges). That is with both the 10% & 25% applied (the 307 & 207 would be even less, of course). Thanks.

Edited by JChristophersAdventures
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...