Seven Gallons of Heaven

This sounds like an excellent plan. I’m looking forward to seeing it finished and growing. 
Though I must say I do like the Buddha arrangement as is. 
Is the little guy on the left one of the glow in the dark figurines?  I saw those and thought they were adorable. I almost got them for my frogs terrarium. 

On 8/11/2023 at 1:04 PM, Guppysnail said:

This sounds like an excellent plan. I’m looking forward to seeing it finished and growing. 
Though I must say I do like the Buddha arrangement as is. 
Is the little guy on the left one of the glow in the dark figurines?  I saw those and thought they were adorable. I almost got them for my frogs terrarium. 

They are supposed to glow in the dark. Little forest spirits from Princess Mononoke. They don’t glow very well, but they still manage to find their way all over my house. My kids love them. I just set the peace lily and monstera on that shelf while I get the tank ready. Hoping they will transition well to living with their roots in the water, once I get all the soil off of them.

• Like 2

Planted! Looking forward to seeing how it grows in. Inhabitants next. First, I plan to add some mixed neocaridinas bred in a different setup, then I’m going to add my betta that will likely eat them all. Already some rams horns in there. I might get a Nerite, too, if I can find a horned one. 

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0078.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, a couple months in and most things are going well. The chain sword isn’t very happy but it is growing where it hasn’t melted away. The Anubias are growing. The big one threw a leaf out of the water. The pogostemon and crypts are loving life. The peace lily and monstera are growing. Betta and shrimp are happy. This tank doesn’t take a ton of maintenance. I do have trim the roots of the peace lily, because they keep growing into the filter and around the heater. Should I trim the crypts? I’m always afraid to ruin them but I see people mow them down online and maybe that would make them less leggy. Idk. So many choices to make in this hobby.

IMG_0562.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 7 months later...