Is my guppy pregnant??

NickD

Hilarious. It’s funny because before I even read the post I was like “yes….she is pregnant” female guppies always be carrying if they are sexually mature. Honestly they have almost made me believe in immaculately conception fish style.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Any time a female guppy has been in the same tank as a male guppy within the last 8 months, you can assume she is pregnant.

Female guppies can store sperm packets for months after they mate with a male, and then they will use one packet per month to have babies every 30 days or so for several months, even if the male is removed from the tank after the first day.

@PineSongi actually got these yesterday from the fish shop, the male and female were in the same tank before I got them. The fish keeper says he overfeeds his fish to make them a little fat I thought that’s what it was, but we shall see if I get any babies!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 7:17 PM, NickD said:

@PineSongi actually got these yesterday from the fish shop, the male and female were in the same tank before I got them. The fish keeper says he overfeeds his fish to make them a little fat I thought that’s what it was, but we shall see if I get any babies!

Good luck and enjoy them! The Dave has a couple great videos about guppy birth and raising babies:

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 12:20 AM, NickD said:

I believe this is a female glass guppy (not very sure). She is pretty fat and has the dark spot behind her, which I watched a video and it means that she might be pregnant! Do any of you know for sure?

5574A48B-23B0-4E0C-BC0D-C17EDD54D13C.png

0297FC68-EF11-48A7-AB2A-CD1ED1F7F9F1.png

hehe, Congratulation to you. By the way, does anyone over here is searching for a site online where you can find an essay writer who will write research paper for you? If your answer is yes, then I can share https://studyclerk.com/write-research-paper-for-me website with you where you can find it easily. I am also using that website link to find the best essay writer.

hehe, Congratulation to you 😇

Edited by GregoryPerez
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 4:27 PM, Goosedub said:

Hilarious. It’s funny because before I even read the post I was like “yes….she is pregnant” female guppies always be carrying if they are sexually mature. Honestly they have almost made me believe in immaculately conception fish style.

FB_IMG_1643308643966.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/21/2023 at 2:50 PM, NickD said:

She is pretty fat

FYI she'll likely get a lot bigger. If you haven't had guppies, and haven't had them pregnant/give birth, it can be a bit alarming how big they get. You'll keep thinking "she's gotta have those babies any day now" and it'll still be like 2 weeks or more before she does. 

- Do you have lots of fine cover in the tank where the babies can hide? 

- Do you have another tank where you can separate the male and female? If you just have one of each, that female will get pretty stressed from being the lone focus of that male's attention, especially right when the babies come and just after. 

• 8 months later...