Hello fromTexas

Hello, I have currently got back into fish keeping recently. I currently have a 15 gallon flex. Have spent numerous hours on YouTube researching and 👀 at products. Fish plants decor. I am currently waiting for the rest of my aquarium co op order to arrive. I am putting together a 40 gallon planted for my main display tank. I will be transferring my fish and most of the decor to 40 once it is ready to receive fish. I will try and do a thread on my 40 gallon what I will be calling the Co Op tank as all the major components have came from Aquarium CoOp.

I have had a major hiccup with the Flex and the fish in it so I will be adding that in the appropriate places on here. Here it a recent photo of the flex!IMG_7205.jpeg.ebf0221a9d5803668cfc60e1f47b374b.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m in DFW area, also.  Welcome!

Just in case you don’t know there’s a local expo coming up next month on August 20-21.  Do a search for DFWAA - DFW Aquarium Association.  I don’t want to post a link just in case that’s pushing the forum rules.  I can’t remember if that type link is allowed.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 10:37 AM, Teresa72 said:

Hello, I have currently got back into fish keeping recently. I currently have a 15 gallon flex. Have spent numerous hours on YouTube researching and 👀 at products. Fish plants decor. I am currently waiting for the rest of my aquarium co op order to arrive. I am putting together a 40 gallon planted for my main display tank. I will be transferring my fish and most of the decor to 40 once it is ready to receive fish. I will try and do a thread on my 40 gallon what I will be calling the Co Op tank as all the major components have came from Aquarium CoOp.

I have had a major hiccup with the Flex and the fish in it so I will be adding that in the appropriate places on here. Here it a recent photo of the flex!IMG_7205.jpeg.ebf0221a9d5803668cfc60e1f47b374b.jpeg

The stars at night are big and bright....

Welcome aboard!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello from San Antonio!  I'm a returning hobbyist, after too many years away.  How many?  Last time I had tanks, the Python hadn't been invented yet!  Planning a 10g, with a Valisneria, a couple of Corys, a few Neon Tetras to zip around mid-water, and a trio of Green Swordtails.  Taking me a while to set it up, but that's ok.  If I've learned anything, it's patience.  Take it slow, and it'll come out right, and almost take care of itself.  Next thing on my shopping list is my Python.  I think a 25-ft will work in my apartment.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum.  I just joined in April and it's awesome.  Smart, kind and helpful folks on here.

I live in north Dallas and also just got a Flex 15.  Maybe we can get through this together with everyone's help.  I'd like to hear about your problems with it for comparison.  🙂

• Like 1

Hello, Flipper!  I'm liable to have more problems figuring out how to work this Forum on the computer than with the little fishtank!  Watched the tutorials...didn't help--way over my head!    And please don't tell me it works just like some social media or other--I'm not on any social media, and I like it that way.  Frankly, I'm having doubts about this one...old-fashioned concepts like "Privacy".  I don't give out my private information.    There's a couple of lines of "Buttons", I think, at the top of the box I'm typing in.  Don't have a clue what they're for.  Any computer-savvy help would be most appreciated!  Thanks Loads for your warm welcome!

Triquetra

Sorry guys been a long couple weeks, thanks for the welcoming thoughts. It has been 10 years since I have had fish.

I honestly have not had to many problems with the flex 15 it’s self after getting a lot of the after market pieces that I had send to convert the flow problems with. However I brought in some kind of bacterial infection and it took out a couple of my favorite fish :(. 
 I love the look of the flex however I am wanting mor floor space for my Corys and will be setting up my 40 gallon soon. The flex has worked well.