Marineland magniflow 220 trouble

SugarBassJoe

Anyone have any experience with the Marineland Magniflow 220 canister filters? worked well for a month, then noticed the outflow was greatly reduced, cleaned it out but now cant get it to restart properly, it wont prime properly, cant seem to shake all the air out, and out flow is still low. Could it be a position thing? Its sitting just below the tank, like it barely fits in-between the beams under there.

My older C-220 is a little finicky. But as another user said it's normally a dirty pre-filter that gets me. Also, double-check to make sure all the foam is clean enough too. I've had a few occasions where the bottom layer of foam which all the water flows through was completely clogged. 

There's also the usual cleaning of the impeller, although I rarely have trouble with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the pump isn't seated right you could have the impeller not able to fully engage and spin.  If there is some sort of pump maintenance, I would imagine it would be another item on the list to check and verify.  If a chunk of debris got in there, then it would also impact things.  I'll see if I can find a video on the topic.

z.png.ced725fe443956df3804975f9568e04d.png

x.png

• Thanks 1