Ron Uni

pH 6.8

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 10 ppm

GH 89.5

Kh 107.4

Temp 80

In a 40 gallon breeder community with runny nose , pygmy Cory's and green neon tetras

Feed brine shrimp frozen cubes 3 thawed.

Any ideas, she's in a quarantine tank now.

Screenshot_20230703-182752-580.png

• Sad 1

Sad to say but that's very likely Dropsy. When it gets to this point you can try and medicate to bring her symptoms down but by the time these symptoms start she's likely already in organ failure. If you want to try and treat I'd highly recommend looking at the other Bettas with Dropsy thread here on the forum. @Colu has a treatment plan for it. I've never had a Betta recover from it. Symptoms reduced yes, prolonging life just a bit but never a recovery. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2023 at 4:29 PM, Ron Uni said:

In a 40 gallon breeder community with runny nose , pygmy Cory's and green neon tetras

The flow may just be too much for the fish.  Hopefully things improve though.  As mentioned it's a really tough one. 

If you have any, be sure to start by adding a catappa leaf.

• Thanks 1

Here is Colu's post regarding betta treatment for Dropsy:

On 6/13/2022 at 3:53 AM, Colu said:

The most effective treatment for Dropsy is kanaplex in food to treat any possible internal bacterial infection and can help with polycystic kidney disease that can cause the fluid buildup and metroplex to treat the tank as it treats aeromonas bacteria a common cause of Dropsy and you to can do Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for no more than 15 minutes no more than twice a day for a couple of days or add aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons directly to the tank the salt will help reduce fluid as you have already treated with kanaplex I would do a course of metroplex in food and add the aquarium salt if you have live plants then I would do Epsom salt baths

Screenshot_20210815-162016~2.png

• Thanks 1