Betta fish acting weird

Helpwithmy_snailpls

Hi,I have a male betta and he is healthy and I feed him 2-4 pallets everyday and I do water changes every 1-2 weeks and today while I was feeding him by the 3rd pellet he randomly stopped eating and stopped then swam down uncontrollably and fell onto a hole of driftwood and his body was to long to fall in so he was just laying there not moving after a minute he swam back with with his fins and spit out a white thing from his mouth after that he was swimming controlled and acted normal but I’m still worried because he never did anything like that before I was panicking and didn’t know what to do so I am hoping you guys could help me out and tell me what happened 

image.jpg

On 7/1/2023 at 12:01 AM, Helpwithmy_snailpls said:

stopped then swam down uncontrollably and fell onto a hole of driftwood and his body was to long to fall in so he was just laying there not moving after a minute he swam back with with his fins and spit out a white thing from his mouth

I am a bit unclear about this. Was he falling down to the driftwood? Or darting down like he was startled or distressed? Did the white thing float, or sink?

There are a few possibilities. Fish nibble / graze at things all day in their environment. Perhaps he was eating something else the got spat out.

Sometimes fish get illnesses in their gills -- white growth that looks like fungus. If he ends up with something emerging from his gills, that's another issue.

Keep an eye on him. If anything else happens, let us know!

• Like 1

It was floating in the middle of the water then the filter pushed it down and the white piece was really small but visible it looked like skin or something and he was falling he stopped using his fins then he was moving his body in a side to side well like he was panicking he was just laying on top of the hole right now he is just swimming around using his front fins

I could send a picture of where he fell

That’s him right now

image.jpg

That’s where he fell into

image.jpg