Duckweed hack

CJs Aquatics

what you’ll need:

a pitcher 

a fish net 

- many of you know I’ve been struggling with duckweed for a while. I’ve taken everyone’s suggestions and finally found a system that works well. 

step 1: went to goodwill or any thrift store and bought a pitcher for a few dollars (mine was $6 bc it’s a Brita pitcher)

step 2: a fish net (using that green one you see with all in 1 tank kits) 

step 3: rest fish net over water in a corner of the tank using the rim or top of tank

step 4: dip the pitcher in the water, duckweed, water and everything else fills up the pitcher 

step 5: dump the contents of the pitcher back into tank through the net. Your net catches the duckweed and everything else and your water returns to the tank 

step 6: repeat until desired results achieved then eighter dump contents in trash and rinse net out or discard

🤣

I actually am a big proponent of not letting anything go to waste so I feed the duckweed to my worms

• Like 2

On 6/27/2023 at 5:27 AM, CJs Aquatics said:

@mynameisnobody I bought and use it also 

Cj you make me laugh with these duckweed battles 🤣

you will win it… one day.. 🤪 😄 

Btw Ive noticed duckweed LOVES light. When I took my 29g down which had tons of duckweed, and put plants on a tub that gets daylight a bit, Duckweed almost never grows there. And without appropriate light where other plants survive or even perform an okay growth, my duckweed die and never multiply interestingly

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 6:47 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

I’ve taken everyone’s suggestions and finally found a system that works well. 

I like this, it’s a very business or executive approach 🙂 Hear everyone out, give honest and real consideration of the available options, and then make your own choice that works for you in your situation. 

• Like 1