Another Easy Green Questiom

Cory has said he has had a bottle for a very long time and he considers it to not expire.  It was in one of his older vlog videos.

You just want to basically make sure it hasn't settled, shake it to ensure things are mixed up, then go back to using a bottle like normal that has been sitting for a while.

On 6/5/2023 at 10:01 PM, w0walana said:

should i talk to Candy about this?

If you're running into an issue, for sure reach out to support.  It's not just there for asking for replacement/refund, but is also a great resource for information on the product you purchase!

• Thanks 1

I'd be more concerned about evaporation than fertilizer 'going bad'. Also im not sure what you are testing with but if its the strips be aware that they are not the most accurate. Their biggest benefit is convenience. The liquid is more accurate.   In either case id recommend having your before fertilization, and after fertilization, water tested by a 3rd party to double check the accuracy of whatever testing method you are using.

On 6/6/2023 at 7:56 AM, JoeQ said:

I'd be more concerned about evaporation than fertilizer 'going bad'. Also im not sure what you are testing with but if its the strips be aware that they are not the most accurate. Their biggest benefit is convenience. The liquid is more accurate.   In either case id recommend having your before fertilization, and after fertilization, water tested by a 3rd party to double check the accuracy of whatever testing method you are using.

i was using the aquarium co-op test strips. i made sure to test my other setups and they registered nitrates, so the strips are good. i’ll need to test again after shaking the bottle like another user suggested. 

On 6/7/2023 at 3:12 AM, w0walana said:

i was using the aquarium co-op test strips. i made sure to test my other setups and they registered nitrates, so the strips are good. i’ll need to test again after shaking the bottle like another user suggested. 

Its not a question of being 'still good' its a question of how accurate it is. 

If your strips are off by a factor of 10-15ppm nitrates that could be why you are registering next to no nitrates in a specific tank. This is the case with Kh in one of my tanks. The strips show extremely low to no Kh, while the liquid tests show a kh of 3dKh which is ideal.

• Like 1